Terms & Conditions
01. Dogs must possess up to date vaccinations and flea protection. Also all dogs must be wormed. Proof of vaccination must be shown to the Carer prior to the stay or at the registration visit.
02. A mutually convenient time for drop off and collection of the dog/s must be agreed between the owner and the Carer.
03. An Emergency Contact must be named and made aware of his or her role, duties and responsibilities and be available for the duration of the booking.
04. Dogstars and the Carer will use all care to ensure the happiness, safety and welfare of your dog/s. If however your dog becomes unwell or has an accident during his board we will take him to a Veterinary Surgery. You agree to be responsible for payment of veterinary fees incurred upon your return. We do recommend that your dog is insured against sickness, accident, injury and third party liability prior to the start of the board. As part of the booking process you will be asked to sign a vets authorisation allowing our DogStar Carer to take your dog/s to the vet's if necessary, whilst also confirming your Emergency Contact or yourself will either reimburse the Carer or DogStars any fees or pay the Veterinary Surgery directly, which-ever applies.
05. The owner is responsible for reimbursing any costs incurred by the Carer if any damage, other than reasonable wear and tear, is caused to the Carers home or possessions by the dog/s.
06. Carers will make every effort to provide high standards of care but DogStars or their Carers cannot be held liable for loss, injury or death unless negligence is shown. The owner agrees to let DogStars know of any changes to their or dog/s details.
07. It is DogStars policy to exercise all dogs on a lead. However, if you would prefer your dog exercised off lead you will be required to complete an Off Lead Authorisation Form, in which you accept responsibility for third party liability and agree that your dog/s is insured (including third party liability cover). In the event of your dog not being insured at the start of the board we reserve the right to exercise your dog on a lead.
08. If your dog/s escapes from the premises (assuming no negligence is found on the part of the Carer) any liability for the dog/s actions remains the responsibility of the owner.9. When a Carer has been selected with a resident dog the owner gives permission to board their dog/s together with the Carers dog/s. The owners and Carers dogs must have had an introductory meeting.
10. If the Carer has a resident cat then both the owner & Carer must be in mutual agreement that the dog is suitable to be boarded in the house with a cat.
11. The owner agrees NOT to book a DogStars Carer directly and to go through DogStars booking procedures. If a booking is made directly, then the insurance and Carers guidelines are null and void.
12. In the unlikely event the Carer cannot continue to board the dog/s through problems with the dog/s sickness or behaviour, while you are away, then DogStar will try to find another Carer if possible and advise the owner and Emergency Contact accordingly. If DogStars is unable to find another Carer and the Emergency Contact is unable or unwilling to take the dog/s, then DogStars will, in consultation with the Emergency Contact, find suitable kennels or veterinary accommodation for the dog/s. The owner will be responsible for the associated costs.
13. If the dog has shown aggression or bites during its board the Emergency Contact will be asked to remove the dog. If the Emergency Contact cannot take the dog then the dog will be removed to a kennel. There will be no refund of boarding fees that have been paid and the owner will be responsible for all kennel fees.
14. DogStar are unable to accept dogs that have shown aggression towards other dogs and/or people or subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. No dogs registered under this act will be accepted for home boarding.
15. DogStar will accept non-neutered males providing they do not show aggression towards other dogs or people.
16. DogStars will accept bookings from non-neutered bitches, but if the owner believes the dog may come into season during their home boarding period then DogStars must be notified. The Carer does maintain the right not to accept a bitch in season and if this is the case DogStars will look for an alternative Carer. If we are unable to find an alternative Carer DogStars does reserve the right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit without any liability to DogStars.
17. The owner is responsible for providing enough food for the duration of the dog/s stay and food and water bowls, bedding, lead, toys etc. that will help the dog/s to settle into the new environment. If insufficient food is supplied the owner is responsible for reimbursing the Carer for costs incurred in the purchase of more food.
18. All dogs staying with DogStars must wear a collar with an identity tag showing the name and address of the owner and telephone number. The dog will also wear a DogStars identity tag on its collar during the stay.
19. The owner agrees if after 10 days of the booked return date the owner has not collected the dog/s and DogStars had made every attempt to contact the owner or Emergency Contact without success then the dog/s would be put up for re-homing.
20. If the owner collects the dog/s before the confirmed end date of the board they will not be entitled to a refund.
21. If a Carer is unable to proceed with the board due to a change in personal circumstances DogStars will try to home the dog/s with another Carer, but this may not be in the same area. DogStars reserve the right at their discretion to cancel the booking and refund the deposit without any liability to DogStars.
22. In the unlikely event of the Carer being unable to continue with the board for whatever reason DogStars will attempt to home the dog/s with another Carer, but this may not be in the same area. If Dogstars cannot find an alternative Carer then the Emergency Contact will be contacted, if they cannot take the dog/s then arrangements will be made for the dog/s to stay in kennels. DogStars would be responsible for these costs. DogStars reserve the right at their discretion to cancel the booking and refund the deposit without any liability to DogStars.
23. The booking fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
24. The dog/s must be used to living in a home environment and must not exhibit territorial marking.
25. A booking will only be regarded as confirmed only when the booking fee is paid and a signed booking form is returned (which should be no later than 5 days after the meeting with the Carer). The owners agree to provide full, accurate and detailed information on the Booking Form about the dog/s. During the owners continued use of DogStars the owner agrees to keep Dogstars informed of any changes to the dog/s Booking Form. Failure on the owners part to disclose any matter which in Dogstars view may render the dog/s unsuitable for home boarding with the Carer will amount to a breach of conditions and termination of the dog/s stay without refund.
26. Any conditions requiring the administration of medicine to the dog/s must be fully discussed with the Carer. Dosage rates etc. should be given to the Carer in writing before their stay. Any changes in medication required must be communicated to the Carer in a timely manner.
27. DogStars will attempt to contact the owner or Emergency Contact in an emergency and if necessary the Emergency Contact is expected to make any decisions with regard to the dog/s. If the owner or Emergency Contact cannot be contacted, DogStars reserves the right to act on the owners behalf, seeking and following advice from a veterinary surgeon.
28. You may cancel your booking within a period of 14 days after making the booking and receive a full refund of your deposit. Or should you be unhappy for whatever reason with the Carer, an alternative Carer will be suggested.
- Prior to 28 days the booking fee will be retained.
- 28 days notice 50% remaining balance payable
- 14 days notice 75% remaining balance payable
- 7 days notice 90% payable
- 0 days notice 100% payable